Shine’s engineering team
Engineering at Shine is about building the most reliable, scalable and user focused code to insure the best experience possible to our community
In terms of organization, we believe in squad mode: Our platform squad is handling the underwater (backend, cloud, security, DevOps) while the product squads are focused on creating fresh new features for our core products. ✨
We all work as full stack engineers, on a manageable scale and directly with the product & design team: So that everyone can challenge and have a great impact on the project!
Regarding our stack, we are using React, React Native, Node, Typescript, GraphQL.
But also : CircleCI, Github Actions, Kibana, Docker, GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
Joining our platform team means 👋
- Developing security features for 100K+ users
- Build reliable automations on the DevOps side
- Having a strong impact on Shine’s architecture by proposing new implementations
- Crafting a strong and efficient code for the entire engineering team
- Working 80% on backend - 20% on Frontend subjects
It's a match if 🤝
- You have a good appreciation of architectures
- You have a 1st experience in a scale-up or a tech product
- You want to learn as much as you want to teach
- You are enthusiastic about teamwork
- You give a lot of attention to details in your work
- You stick to Shine’s values 💛
- You can understand this job description and work in English. Shine’s team is International !
Working at Shine is joining a fast paced scale-up, a useful and UX driven product but not only…
Before anything else, it’s being a part of a great human experience in a company driven by amazing values toward people and ecological matters
We do believe that caring is not only about giving autonomy, responsibility and encouraging proactivity. That’s why we offer:
💰 A fair and transparent salary. (More informations)
🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environnement. From France and Europe!
🏢 A brand new and stunning office in Paris - Also a nice corner in Station F
🖥️ Everything you need to work in perfect conditions (Co-working space, furniture, monitors, mouse, etc.)
And a lot more ! Feel free to ask to Guillaume during your first call
👩💻 1 freelancing day / month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes (Shine premium is offered to help ofc)
👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child
💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family
🎶 Culture budget : 275€/ year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer …)
🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, participate in sport competitions … Take care of yourself!
🚴♂️ Bike + transport : Refund of your fees, on jump seats like on bike paths!
☀️ 35 days of holidays for everyone!
🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your Holiday
You wonder about our hiring process ?
1️⃣ A 45’ first call with Guillaume, our tech talent acquisition specialist, to get to know each other and tell you more about Shine.
2️⃣ A 60’ technical exchange with Gab, your future engineering manager about your tech experiences.
4️⃣ An immersion day for you to understand Shine’s culture, meet the team and introduce our tech with a business case.