Shine’s Engineering team in 2022/2023:
Engineering at Shine is about product before anything else. We build the most reliable, scalable and user focused code to insure the best experience possible to our community, small businesses and entrepreneurs.
This coming year will be special for Shine. We aim to double the size of the product and technical teams (60 people at the moment) to fuel the ambition to build the best product & customer experience and position Shine as a key actor on the banking pro market.
To ensure real impact and ownership for all our tech team members, we are organized in 6 tribes which strategize a large scope (for instance: data or banking subjects) and include different squads. Our vision is to allow our engineers to work with specific OKRs without avoiding mobility within the tribe depending on tech issues and individual interests.
We’re now looking for our future VP Engineering who will help us build and structure the tech and data team over the next few years.
By joining us at this new position at Shine, you will :
- representing tech to the company's strategic direction
- building a game-changer banking experience for entrepreneurs and small businesses
- growing and evolving a brilliant, diverse and committed tech team.
Regarding our stack, we are using React, React Native, Node, Typescript, GraphQL.
But also : CircleCI, Github Actions, Kibana, Docker, GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Structure and lead teams, individuals, and cross-functional relationships in a way that ensures productivity and transparent communication,
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively meet departmental productivity and quality goals,
- Providing engineering expertise to help executives make informed decisions about company goals,
- Build deep and collaborative partnerships with cross-functional leaders across our Product, Marketing and Operations teams to deliver on the product vision,
- Drive our culture by leading, mentoring, and coaching our directors of engineering, engineering managers and engineers,
- Work closely with the TA team to recruit and build a shiny technical brand,
- Provide leadership by example, setting standards for technical excellence and rigor, and building an environment with high expectations aligned with Shine values.
It's a match if 🤝
- You have significant and high level managerial experience as well as excellent strategic thinking skills,
- You have a first experience in managing a tech department, prioritizing projects and handling a large tech budget,
- You are passionate about product and design,
- You are able to build great relationships with people from other teams, no matter the roles, backgrounds and seniority levels (from juniors to COMEX members),
- You are interested in recruitment and communication topics and have had a lot of impact on this in your previous experience (we can’t wait to discuss it with you!)
- You have an excellent understanding of infrastructure, development experience, technical debt and security issues,
- You stick to Shine’s values and CSR policy 💛
- You can work in English: Shine’s team is International!
Life at Shine ✨
Working at Shine is joining a fast-paced scale-up, a useful and UX driven product but not only…
Before anything else, it’s being a part of a great human experience in a company driven by amazing values toward people and ecological matters
We do believe that caring is not only about giving autonomy, responsibility and encouraging proactivity. That’s why we offer:
💰 A salary range from 110,000 to 130,000K based on a fair and transparent salary grid.
🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environnement. From France and Europe! (For this position, we would like you to be able to come frequently to the office).
🏢 A brand new and stunning office in Paris - Also a nice corner in Station F
🖥️ Everything you need to work in perfect conditions (Co-working space, furniture, monitors, mouse, etc.)
👩💻 1 freelancing day / month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes (Shine premium is offered)
👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child
💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family
🎶 Culture budget : 275€/ year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer …)
🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, participate in sport competitions … Take care of yourself!
🚴♂️ Bike + transport : Refund of your fees, on jump seats like on bike paths
☀️ 35 days of holidays for everyone
🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your Holiday