Shine’s engineering team
Data engineering at Shine is about designing efficient data pipelines and backend development. We build the most reliable data architecture to insure the best collect, analysis and data visualisation possible - it goes without saying that data team play an essential role for Shine !
Our squad is made of 4 Data Engineers, 1 scientists, 3 analysts and a head of data to insure top synchronisation with our product and or business ✨
Regarding our stack we are using : Python, GCP, BigQuery, App engine, Pub/Sub, Beam, Mode, Metabase, Data studio & Segment
Joining as a Senior Data Engineer means 👋
- Lead billions of data in an efficient & ethical way
- Developing strong data pipelines for 100K+ users
- Working as pair with product and other data positions
- Creating a reliable and consistent code to insure our technical scale
- Having a strong impact on our data architecture by proposing new implementations
- Mentoring junior team members to make them progress
It's a match if 🤝
- You have a strong experience (4+ years) in Data engineering (or Software engineering with an appetite for data)
- You are proficient and comfortable with Python, writing production-ready code, testing and monitoring
- You already worked in a cloud environnement (not necessarily GCP)
- You want to learn as much as you want to teach
- You are also interested about Data science / Data analysis and operational subjects
- You give a lot of attention to details in your work
- You stick to Shine’s values 💛
- You can communicate clearly in English (our data team is international!)
Working at Shine is joining a fast paced scale-up, a useful and UX driven product but not only…
Before anything else, it’s being a part of a great human experience in a company driven by amazing values toward people and ecological matters
We do believe that caring is not only about giving autonomy, responsibility and encouraging proactivity. That’s why we offer:
💰 A fair and transparent salary grid - Level D to E (65K€ to 80K€) for this job (More informations)
🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environnement. From France and Europe!
🏢 A brand new and stunning office in Paris - Also a nice corner in Station F
🖥️ Everything you need to work in perfect conditions (Co-working space, furniture, monitors, mouse, etc.)
And a lot more ! Feel free to ask to Annaïg during your first call.
👩💻 1 freelancing day / month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes (Shine premium is offered to help ofc)
👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child
💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family
🎶 Culture budget : 275€/ year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer …)
🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, participate in sport competitions … Take care of yourself!
🚴♂️ Bike + transport : Refund of your fees, on jump seats like on bike paths!
☀️ 35 days of holidays for everyone!
🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your Holiday
You wonder about our hiring process ?
1️⃣ A 30’ first call with Annaïg, our data talent acquisition specialist, to get to know each other and tell you more about Shine.
2️⃣ A 45’ technical Interview with Colin, your future lead tech about your data experiences + a 45’ technical Interview with Pascal, our Head of data
3️⃣ A 45’ cultural interview to give you more context about Shine’s values.
4️⃣ An immersion day for you to understand Shine’s culture, meet the team and introduce our data engineering with some reflectional exercices.