Engineering Manager - Banking
Nous répondons généralement sous 3 jours
Shine’s engineering team
Engineering at Shine is about product before anything else. We build the most reliable, scalable and user focused code to insure the best experience possible to our community (freelancers, professionals and SMBs).
In terms of organization, to ensure real impact and ownership for all our tech team members, our 50 engineers are divided into 5 tribes: our platform team is handling the underwater (backend, cloud, DevOps) while the 4 product teams are dedicated on creating new features for our core products. ✨
Each product tribe focuses on a large scope (for instance: client acquisition, user experience or banking subjects) and includes different squads composed of 5 software engineers. Everyone works as full stack engineers, on a manageable scale and directly with the product & design team: So that everyone can challenge and have a great impact on the project!
We’re now looking for our future Engineering Manager to take the lead of one of our Banking squads. The Banking Team focuses on our banking services through developing impactful features with the constant objective of simplifying the daily life of our customers (instant transfers, new credit offers, international transfers, cash deposits, multi-wallets, etc.)
You'll be joining at a very special time:
- Growth stage of the company
- Large ambitions and lots of innovations to explore and build
- The opportunity to help shape and develop our product culture
Regarding our stack, our infrastructure is organized in microservices and cloud functions. We are using React, React Native, Node, Typescript, GraphQL, CircleCI, Github Actions, Kibana, Docker, GCP
Engineering Manager in a product squad means 👋
- Hiring, mentoring and leading a 3-5 SE team
- Synchronizing with other teams to identify and prioritize product development initiatives, and guide the implementation of new features and functionality
- Guiding the team in their career development and personal growth
- Participating in the drafting of the roadmap and ensure the on-time delivery in collaboration with the product team
- Creating a reliable and consistent code to insure our technical scale and having a strong impact on Shine’s architecture by proposing new implementations
Your time will be split between managing your team (70%) and development (30%).
It's a match if 🤝
- You have at least an experience in a regulated environment (fintech, online banking...)
- You have experience in managing or leading a team, making them grow while ensuring their well-being
- You have a strong knowledge in clean code and clean architecture
- You demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- You want to be a humble mentor and a trusted advisor for the team
- You are enthusiastic about teamwork and want to learn as much as you want to teach
- You are passionate about developing products
- You give a lot of attention to details in your work
- You stick to Shine’s values 💛
- You can understand this job description and work in English (Shine’s team is international!)
Life at Shine ✨
🏠 A flexible and remote-friendly environnement: work from our stunning Paris office or from home (in France and in some European countries). Shine takes care of a furniture leasing to help you settle in at home or a coworking space near you
💰 A transparent salary (70K€-90K€+ for this job, depending on your experience and your personal organization) as well as a Shadow Shares program covering 12.5% of your gross annual salary (don't hesitate to ask Annaïg for more details during your first call)
👩💻 1 freelancing day per month. The perfect occasion to put yourself in a Shine’s user’s shoes
👪 A second parent leave extended to 8 weeks + 3 days of parental leave for sick child
💚 Healthcare program 100% covered by Shine for you and your family, including psychological support and many resources for taking care of your mental health
🎶 Culture budget : 275€ per year to buy books or listen to music (Spotify, Deezer …)
🤸 Sport pack: 300€ per year to subscribe to gym, participate in sport competitions … Take care of yourself!
🚴♂️ Bike + transport : Refund of your fees, on jump seats like on bike paths!
👩⚖️ Unlimited subscription to a network of dedicated lawyers to support you through Ekie
☀️ 8-10 days of RTT for everyone!
🏝 1% salary bonus in June to enjoy your Holiday
You wonder about our hiring process ?
1️⃣ A 45’ first call with Annaïg, our tech talent acquisition specialist, to get to know each other and tell you more about Shine.
2️⃣ A 60’ discussion with Arnaud, our VP of Engineering, to talk about your tech experiences.
3️⃣ A 60’ peer-programming exercise to test your technical knowledge and communication skills + a 45’ cultural interview to give you more context about Shine’s values.
4️⃣ An immersion day for you to understand Shine’s culture, meet the team and introduce our tech with a business case.
- Software Engineer
- Statut à distance
- Full remote possible
Quelques avantages à travailler chez Shine
👩💻 1 jour de freelancing par mois : L’occasion de se mettre dans la peau de nos client·es (avec un compte premium offert !)
👪 Congé second parent de 8 semaines + 3 jours de congé enfant malade
💚 Mutuelle : Une couverture santé à 100 % pour ta famille et toi
🌏 Travaille depuis nos bureaux parisiens ou depuis chez toi (en France et dans certains pays d'Europe) : Shine prend en charge un leasing d'ameublement pour bien t'installer à la maison ou un espace de coworking proche de chez toi
🍱 Tickets restaurant : 9,05 € par jour pour tes déjeuners
🎶 Budget culture de 275€ par an pour acheter des livres ou écouter de la musique
🤸 Pack sport : 300 € par an pour prendre soin de toi
🚴♂️ Vélo + transport : Participation aux frais de transport, sur strapontin ou piste cyclable (Shine rembourse les kilomètres faits en vélo !)
☀️ 8 à 10 jours de RTT par an pour toutes et tous
🏝 1% de prime vacances versé en Juin
Travailler chez Shine
Chez Shine, notre premier objectif est que les personnes qui travaillent avec nous soient aussi heureuses et épanouies au travail que les entrepreneur·es que nous accompagnons. Découvrez comment en parcourant notre page carrière !
Engineering Manager - Banking
Téléchargement du formulaire de candidature
Vous travaillez déjà chez Shine ?
Recrutons ensemble pour trouver votre prochain collègue.